0 Comment(s) 82 View(s)
We use this activity to ..
- warm-up the body and voice
- encourage focus
- practice quick decision making
- raise attentiveness
- The group stands forming a circle with the teacher in the middle.
- The teacher throws an imaginary pie at one player in the circle.
- That chosen player must duck and the two players on either side of him throws an imaginary pie at one other and shouts “SPLAT!”.
- If the chosen player doesn’t duck, he is out. If he does duck in time, the last player to throw their pie on either side of him is out.
- Continue until you are down to just two players left.
- When there are only two players left begin THE DUEL. The two remaining players stand back to back in the middle of the circle. Pick a category of objects to call out, such as cereal. Each time the teacher calls out a type of cereal, the two players take one step forward. When a word that is NOT a type of cereal is called out, they must throw their pies. The first to throw the pie at the correct time is the winner!